Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 2 -- Chillaxin' at the hospital

After getting a few hours of rest at home I'm back at the hospital this morning. What an awesome expeience being a dad again. Holly is just so wonderful, she wiggles and loves being held. Amazingly she has taken to feeding right away with no problems at all. Just a content, and very little, baby.
I thought that I'd go into why we chose the name Holly. First of all like Dylan we made some lists of names, (this time it was even easier because of a sweet application on Steph's ipod touch). Holly is cool for us in many ways, it derives from the term Holy which means set apart and special. Holly is also the birth flower for Dylan's birthmonth (Christmas time duh) so that was a nice tie into Dylan as well.
Marie is my mothers middle name so that ties Holly to my side of the family and Dylan is tied to Stephanies family by his middle name. Marie Carlson is also a great mom here in our church that has been very good to our family and has been present at both our kids birth so the middle name was easy to choose. Here is a video I took with my web cam this morning. Holly has so much hair compared to Dylan and it is very dark. We can't quite figure out who she looks like yet, but tell Stephanie that she looks like her :)

No comments: