Thursday, February 26, 2009

Only Child No More

In 25 hours Dylan will no longer be an only child...At 7:30 this morning I was summoned by banging on Dylan's bedroom door. The next 20 minutes were spent in bed playing, and snuggling with Dylan, when all of the sudden I realized that this was our last day alone with Dylan. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but it is going to be a different experience. As an only child myself, I don't know all that comes with siblingness, this is new territory. My sister-in-law flew in yesterday with her youngest, Jovie. One of the first things she said was how nice it was to have just one child for a couple of days. Robb, her husband said the same thing on Skype last night about Brody and how it was nice just for the moment to have just Brody at home. Of course this doesn't mean a parent loves any less, it just helps us refocus. So as we get ready for baby, today I plan on appreciating that special time with Dylan.

No comments: