Thursday, February 16, 2012

Go Big, until we go home

Those of you who get this blog know that I'm excited about Adventist Christian Education. I'd like to start a series of posts about how we fix the system before it's too late. Some posts may sound like rants, some may be musings about how we could improve. At the end of the day however, I hope that the reader knows that I want Adventist Christian Education (K-12) to endure. It really is a great institution.

Go Big...
Right now in my church it costs our church around $10,000 for each student, each year that they go to our school. That number doesn't even include the tuition that the student pays. That is a lot of money invested in to students. Now, I'm not complaining but guess what my youth budget is?  Its somewhere south of $10000 when you include all the Sabbath School expenses, VBS, etc. I have over 80 students that attend my church on a regular basis K-12 and of those kids only 8 go to the school. Do the math...We are spending over $80,000 on the 8 kids who go to the school out of our budget and $10,000 on the 70 who don't go to the school.

Some would say that is going big, and to some degree I would agree with them. I wonder how many churches face a similar problem? I hope they do. Because far to many of the churches in my area are choosing to not fund their children at all. That HAS to change if we are going to keep any semblance of Adventist Education...

Next, why do we need Adventist Education

No comments: