Saturday, April 09, 2011

Lets get along


I wonder if Facebook sometimes challenges relationships. I’ve noticed a couple of groups in my youth group that are having challenges this week. I think it’s that time of year, but I hate seeing relationships hurt.  Here are a couple of hints:
  •  Facebook is not the place to air out personal grievances. Pick up the phone, go get ice cream together, grab a cup of joe.
  •  Another boy/girl is not a good reason to lose a friend. God values all of our relationships and our relationships here on earth model the relationship we have with God.
  •  Reconcile, Reconcile, Reconcile. If you can learn to work through differences you will go a long way in life. I believe Jesus said something about forgiving 70x7.
  • The way we treat each other as Christians is the way people outside the church view Jesus. Take a second to think that over.
Over the years I’ve had lots of students (and Adults) who have had challenges with each other. I know that even the biggest differences can be resolved. Let’s not ignore problems, but face them head on with candor and courage. Often we grow in our understanding of each other and as a result in our God.
Keeping Jesus #1

No comments: